New Processing Center for SWAC at the Bayonne Bridge
SWAC is pleased to announce our newest Processing Center location opening at the Bayonne Bridge on Tuesday, March 4, 2014. We will be operational on Tuesday's from 7:30 A.M. until 3:30 P.M. The Bayonne Bridge SWAC Processing Center is located in the mobile trailer unit in front of the Administration Building. Enter through Trantor Place between Walker & Innis Sts., Staten Island, New York. For further information please call our Customer Service Dept. at 212-608-0855.
Welcome to the SWAC Website
The Secure Worker Access Consortium (SWAC) is a unique cooperative security program that enables the effective and efficient screening of individuals who require access to secure areas or confidential information. SWAC successfully meets the challenges of Personal Identity Verification (PIV) for contracted workers to help ensure they are known, well-trained, and have a threat-free history in accordance with federal standards.
Public agencies, private corporations, labor organizations and contractors strategically partner in SWAC to mitigate risk, develop the SWAC Trusted Community, and cooperatively improve regional and national security. The largest transportation agencies in the New York metro area including the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey (PANYNJ), Metropolitan Transit Authority (MTA), and New Jersey Transit (NJT) have adopted SWAC as the regional standard for access control to sensitive facilities, critical infrastructures, and key national resources.
SWAC background screening is based on, but not necessarily identical to, criteria provided by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Transportation Security Administration's (TSA) list of Disqualifying Criminal Offenses. These are detailed in 49 CFR 1542.209(d) (SIDA) and 49 CFR 1572.103 (TWIC) and shall be updated as required. Additionally, the advanced, patent-pending technology used by SWAC enables real-time secure information sharing among disconnected facilities on a strictly need-to-know basis. To gain access to unique secure zones, prescreened members' personal information, certifications, credentials and access rights are verified by security professionals.
TWIC Accepted Here
Additionally, biometrically-authenticated Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) cardholders are eligible for SWAC membership without additional background screening. For all SWAC members, the excessive time and cost associated with redundant screening is eliminated. Prescreened members' personal information, certications, credentials, and access rights are efficiently and effectively verified by security professionals for access to unique secured zones. Now in our sixth year of operation, SWAC continues to dynamically grow and expand its trusted community nationwide.
- Personnel data collection and program administration
- Acceptance of valid* TWIC cardholders without time and cost of additional background screening
- Identity document verification, photo capture and authorization-form management
- Supervision of independent, third-party personal identity verification and criminal history background screening vendors
- Production and delivery of membership ID Cards
- Secure, web-based information management system
- Daily search of terrorist watch lists
* PLEASE NOTE: TWIC cardholders must be biometrically authenticated at a SWAC Processing Center. In the event that a card is unreadable or the biometric image can not be verified, additional background screening fees will apply.